UK Family Visa information And Rules

UK Family Visa

In this article you will obtain very authentic information about the Visa policy of UK for family.

You can apply for a UK Family Visitor visa if, you are visiting a member of your family in the UK or you are from outside the Switzerland and EEA (European Economic Area) and you can easily meet the other eligibility requirements.

Sponsored Links

You’ll require a family visa to go to the UK and live with a relative for over a half year. In case you’re outside the UK you can apply to live with your:

  • Companion or accomplice
  • Life partner, life partner or proposed common accomplice
  • Tyke
  • Parent
  • Relative who’ll give long haul care to you

In case you’re now in the UK, you can apply to broaden your stay with your relative. On the off chance that you went to the UK on another visa, you might have the capacity to apply to remain with your:

  • Mate or accomplice
  • Kid
  • Parent

You may have the capacity to apply to remain on the premise of your private life in the event that you’ve lived in the UK for a lot of time

This process will take time

So first of all you should get a decision on your family visa within three weeks.

You have to apply for a visa three months before your date of travel to the UK.

You can check the UK family visa processing times from different websites to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

How long you can stay in UK with this Family visitor Visa

You can stay in the United Kingdom for 6 months on this type of Visa.

You can extend your family visitor visa up to 6 months if it is for less than 6 months.

Long-term visit visa

You can also apply for a long-term family visit visa if you can prove you need to make repeat visits over a longer period.

You can stay in UK for a maximum of 6 months on each visit and your visa can last for 10, 5, 2 or 1 year.


You have to pay £83 to apply.

Long-term UK visit visa fees are:

£300 for 1 year

£300 for 2 years

£544 for 5 years

£737 for 10 years

What you can do and cannot do

You can study for up to 30 days because it is not the basic reason for your visit to UK But you cannot study for longer than 30 days, work in UK or carry out any business, register or marry a civil partnership or give notice of a civil partnership or marriage, come to the UK specifically for private medical treatment, switch to another visa, bring your family members with you on your application, get public funds or You cannot change to this type of visa from another visa.

Eligibility Criteria for UK

You are eligible if you are 18 or over 18

You are visiting the United Kingdom for less than 6 months

At the end of your visit you will leave the UK

You have enough money to help from public funds or support yourself without working or that friend and relatives can support and house you

You can pay for your journey if it is onward or return

You are not in transit to a country outside the Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the UK

If you are applying for a long-term family visitor visa

You must also show that:

You have an ongoing and frequent need to come to the UK and the reason for your need to come to the UK.

Your visa may be taken away (revoked) and you may get a long-term ban on visiting the UK if your travel history shows you are repeatedly living here for extended periods.

Your family is living in the UK

You must be able to prove that you are visiting one of the following family members in the UK

Spouse or civil partner, parents or siblings, children, grandparents or grandchildren, your spouse’s siblings or civil partner’s or parents siblings, your child’s spouse or civil partner, step parents step siblings or step children, A British citizen , granted asylum or under humanitarian protection in the UK.

You must provide these Documents

A current passport, 2 passport-sized photographs or other valid travel identification, enough money to support yourself during your trip e.g. pay slips or bank statements for the last 6 months, details of your travel plans and where you plan to stay along with these documents you must also show proof of the family member you are visiting in this country, including a letter of invitation from them, evidence of their employment circumstances and financial, e.g. pay slips or bank statements, evidence of their immigration circumstances in the UK showing they are permanently settled or have a status of asylum humanitarian in the UK, e.g. an immigration stamp or valid visa in their passport.

You must show the photocopy plus original of each and every document.

You must also show a certified translation of any documents that are not in Welsh or English.

You may need to give additional documents depending on your circumstances.

If you are applying for a long-term family visitor visa

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself for the duration of your family visa.

You may be given a family visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not do this. You do not get a refund of the application fee if your application is refused or you get a shorter visa.

You may extend your family visa of UK and Eligibility criteria for extension in Visa

You must be in this country to apply.

You have to apply before your current family visitor visa expires.

How long you can stay in UK

You can only stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months.

If your original visa is for less than 6 months, you can only make extension in it to the maximum of 6 months.


You have to pay £601 if you apply by post to extend your visa and £1,001 if you apply in person.

Knowledge of English

You may need to demonstrate your insight into the English dialect when you apply. You can demonstrate it with a scholarly capability, or by taking a test. You don’t have to demonstrate it in case you’re applying as a:

  • Youngster
  • Grown-up coming to be nurtured by a relative
  • Scholarly capabilities

You can demonstrate your insight into English if both:

  • You have a degree or scholarly capability that was instructed or inquired about in English
  • Your capability is perceived by UK NARIC as being proportional to a UK single guy’s degree
 or higher
  • You’ll have to send an authentication from UK NARIC affirming this when you apply.

Take an English Language Test

You can demonstrate your insight into English by breezing through an endorsed English dialect test with no less than a CEFR level A1 in talking and listening

  • On the off chance that you need to settle forever in the UK inside 5 years
  • On the off chance that you took the CEFR A1 when you initially connected for your visa, you’ll have to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to remain following 2.5 years.
  • In the event that you didn’t have to do the CEFR A1 when you initially connected for your visa yet you have to do it now, you’ll have to pass it when you apply to remain following 2.5 years
Sponsored Links